Are you a crafter? Find out more about EMG craft shows and download an application here.
Greetings Friends, We hope this finds you well and weathering the Covid storm! We know a great many shows have canceled and that independent artists have been one of the hardest hit groups in our nation. That is why we are moving forward with our shows, even at the risk of incurring a loss. We have taken a hard look at all of the variables and options on how to run a show during the middle of a pandemic, and we are convinced that if everyone comes together with the understanding that this is a temporary situation and are willing to relax their expectations, be diligent implementing CDC & state guidelines, and cooperate with some new procedures, then together we will put on a wonderfully successful show, and our customers will be grateful! So please, read on. Hopefully all your questions will be answered!
Limited Space, Limited Number of Artists
Due to social distancing mandates we are required to expand our isles for shoppers by 5 feet. This will now limit the number of booths that will comprise the show and booths at our Chantilly show will not have storage behind them as in past years. We will have several areas in the hall that can be used for storage. We will be limited to no more than 1000 people in the building at one time, including artists and staff. Obviously, this will limit the total number of customers that will be shopping over 3 days. Due to the fluid nature of this pandemic, our floor plan will not be the same as in previous years, but we will make every effort to place you in the same area where you have been before, or near your requested space. It is important to us that you understand our limitations and we thank you that you are willing to move forward with your participation. Please thoroughly read the rest of this email and let us know if you have any concerns.
The Basics Everyone Needs to Know for our 2020 Shows:
(We are continuing to monitor this ever-changing situation and will continue to send you up-to-date information as restrictions are changed, mandates lowered, etc.)
1. All exhibitors will be required to wear a face mask or face shield, and, in some instances, wear gloves the entire time they are in the Expo.
2. All exhibitors’ temperature will be checked each time they enter the Expo. If an artist is found to have an elevated temperature above 100.4º, they will be asked to leave the event, their booth space will be fully sanitized by Dulles Expo Staff, and the booth will need to be closed, or manned by exhibitor’s alternate staff.
3. All customers are required to wear face masks/shields and might have to have their temperatures taken before they enter the building and will not be allowed entrance if they have an elevated temperature over 100.4º
4. Hand sanitizer stations will be set up in many locations in the building and restrooms will be sanitized on a continual basis.
5. Exhibitors are encouraged to have hand sanitizer available in their booths.
6. If there is a need for customers to use pens in a booth, exhibitors are encouraged to have two containers of pens, ones that are sanitized, and ones that they will sanitize after customer’s use. If customers are checking out by signing an iPad or other device using their finger, it is suggested that this be sanitized after each use.
7. Exhibitors will be encouraged to sanitize their workstations and counters quite often, and announcements will be made over the PA system several times per hour to remind visitors to sanitize their hands often and to wear masks.
8. On-line ticketing will be required for both Christmas Markets. With onsite ticket purchases there is no control over how many attendees will show up to buy tickets. Our historical records indicate hundreds of customers could show up to attend the show and have to wait in very long lines due to the restrictions on the number of people in the building. Some may not reach the front of the line before the show closes for the day. That is not a situation we want anyone to be in.
9. COVID-19 Warning: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and customers with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting one of our Christmas Markets you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
We commit to do everything we can to keep our guests and employees as safe as possible while still providing the excellent shows we are known for.
Please remember to share with your fellow artists that EMG is open for business and producing our two November events! There are many artists will full inventory and no where to sell! Please click HERE for the updated application that you can forward to them. Most categories are still open due to cancellations of those with compromised health situations.
Again, please review this information thoroughly and let us know your thoughts and concerns, and your commitment to move forward. We stand ready to assist you in any way we can and remain positive that this situation will pass, and our industry can and will return to normal soon!
Please call us at 757-417-7771 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your thoughts and/or concerns!
Stay Safe! Stay Positive and Stay Creative!
The EMG Team
Steve, Denise, Pat & Lisa (and Rufus & Rosie!)